OS X Lion Install Fail - Now won't install Snow Leopard - Help!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by faffoo, Jul 21, 2011.

1. faffoo macrumors 6502

Hi there,

I am having serious problems installing Mac OS X Lion on my MacBook Pro. I will try to describe my situation below:

I downloaded OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.

I attempted to create a bootable disk by following the instructions on this site, but disk utility told me the dmg was corrupt. So i attempted to re download the installer - but the app store wouldn't let me

So i opened up another MacBook Pro of mine, and downloaded it on there. I then managed to successfully create the DVD.

I then managed to install a fresh copy of OS X Lion on my old MacBook Pro with no problems by booting into the dvd and then quick formatting the hard drive and then installing. No problems.

I then tried to do the same thing with the same DVD in my main MacBook Pro and the install went to plan until the last stage of installing it said "Installation Failed" and had a yellow warning sign.

So i restarted, and tried again. this time nothing at all even came up when booting into the dvd. So i put my Snow leopard restore DVD into the MacBook Pro and wiped the drive again (all default options in disk utility).

I then tried to restore back to a fresh copy of OS X Snow Leopard. Everything was going to plan then it told me the installation had failed.

I have no idea what to do.

I am currently trying to wipe the hard drive again but this time using a zero out data option.

Any ideas?? All help appreciated. I need this mac to work as soon as possible, and me being me, i don't have a time machine backup.

Regards
    Matt

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

3. faffoo thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

Is that better than a zero out data wipe? It is currently going to take 1 hour to do that?

Regards
    Matt

4. faffoo thread starter macrumors 6502

And when you say start over, do you mean using OS X Snow Leopard or OS X Lion?

Im really nervous! Its ten o'clock here and i need it for work tomorrow morning :(

Regards
    Matt

5. scott6003 macrumors member

I am having the same trouble as you. I installed it on a iMac and a Macbook Pro. Now it isn't working for my mac mini...