OS X Lion - Keyboard always backlit?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ridingforlife, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ridingforlife macrumors member

I've always had keyboard illuminating in low light off as I don't need it. But with Lion, my keyboard is backlit even though the box is unchecked in System Prefs > Keyboard.

I've tried checking and unchecking the option with no luck.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Mine is also having issues, most of the time it works fine but if it lights up of it's own accord I can't just turn it down. I have to turn it up a notch THEN I can turn it down.

3. ridingforlife thread starter macrumors member

Ah I forgot I could turn it down using the keys on the keyboard, thanks!:p

4. nervouk macrumors member

nervouk

Me too. Even when I uncheck keyboard backlighting in system prefs, the lights stay on.
    I can turn them down or off with the keyboard, but it just doesn't feel right.

5. calvinc macrumors member

6. jackeill macrumors member

I have similar issue, but it's about the keyboard backlit going off when idle. Indeed, it goes off after 5,10,15 (whatever time set) but without me touching the computer it goes back on after a few seconds. It is regardless the setting with automatic illumination.

I have late 2008 MBP with 10.7.2. The thing never happend in 10.5 nor 10.6. I've started to notice that since 10.7.0.

7. dkav macrumors newbie

Hey i was pressing buttons and i found out that f5 and f6 regulate the brightness of your the backlit keys, now you can have 5 extra minutes of battery time if you turn it off!:)

8. jackeill macrumors member

;] I made a video of this issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dDDsh7dMIY