OS X Lion New Gestures Not Working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Will-Evo, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Will-Evo macrumors newbie

Hey All,

I have a 2007 MBP that I recently upgraded to OS X Lion and am already having some issues. I noticed after the install that none of the new two finger or three finger gestures work at all for me. I checked system preferences>trackpad but there didn't seem to be any new setting in there. Of course launchpad and mission control appear on my dock but I can't gesture to them. I am wondering maybe since my trackpad still has a button below it that the new gestures are not supported? I don't know and I am stumped so any help would be appreciated!:)

-Will

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I believe it states on Apple's websites that these gestures aren't supported on your Mac.

3. Will-Evo thread starter macrumors newbie

The site says for the gestures to work you need "requires a Multi-Touch trackpad, Magic Trackpad, or Magic Mouse.". I have a Multi-Touch trackpad, I use two finger gestures regularly.:confused:

-Will

4. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

You're right, I just re-read that. Have you tried a clean install?

5. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

No, using two fingers to scroll is not the same as multitouch. Your trackpad is not a multitouch pad.

6. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe it was 2008's MBP that introduced multitouch to the line, sorry.