OS X Lion: random pop-up box

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bajanteen212, Aug 11, 2011.

1. bajanteen212 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else experienced after starting up Lion and logging in that a box pops-up for just a moment and then disappears? It also happens when I'm on Safari... not very often... but it happens. Would like to know why this happens.. thanks.

2. SGTRY macrumors newbie

SGTRY

Pop Up Box - Mac os X lion

Hi, i am having the same issues as you when you login a pop up box displays very quick and also resets the dock.

Also i found that when using my macbook all day after each a few hours it also does pop up when running applications and not.

I do not know what this is as it is too fast to see all that i have caught is something saying deny / allow.

I have a macbook 13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008.

Please get back to me if you find out what this pop up box is thanks.

3. SGTRY macrumors newbie

SGTRY

I've found what the pop up box is !!!

Hi i have managed to find out what it was. I restarted my macbook and as soon as i logged in i got ready to take a screenshot. I managed to a screenshot of it and it is to do with the Akamai installer which you use when using Adobe CS5 trials.

The way on how i found it was by typing the name in spotlight which was net session_mac_30828a9.

I then opened this up in terminal and it shown that it was to do with Akamai.

I just clicked allow now and i have not had anything pop back up again for a while i hope that helps.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE SCREENSHOTS I HAVE UPLOADED THEM ONTO MY WIX WEBSITE.

http://www.wix.com/2011beta/ryanjohnson

Thanks

Ryan

4. bajanteen212 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. justinfreid macrumors 6502

justinfreid

Glad to have found this explanation. I was also considering doing an immediate screen grab since going through Activity Monitor logs would be so difficult.
    I think it may be caused by other programs, though.

6. mrchrismckay macrumors newbie

Same problem

hi guys, i am sadly having the exact same problem in a mac that is less than a year old.

a random pop up several times a day that interrupts everything, all i know is it says allow/deny. it doesn't stay there long enough to catch what it says.

I'm on the brink of reinstalling everything, i don't want to!

can you please help?

chris

7. bajanteen212 thread starter macrumors newbie

well if you can't catch a screenshot of it and get the file name so you could find it and delete it, I would just leave it... Reinstalling everything may not solve the problem, and it isn't a pressing issue imo. I'm hoping that an upgrade to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - when it is released - will solve that and a few other problems I've been encountering.

8. thekb macrumors 6502a

Without a doubt, this is the single most annoying website I have ever seen.

9. mrchrismckay macrumors newbie

@bajanteen212

thanks for the reply, you're the only person in internet world to reply to me!

its so difficult to catch it as it pops up so fast then disappears, its just the frustration of not knowing what it is thats annoying!

oh well! yeah, I'm hoping an upgrade to the new operating system solves it!

10. Deathwing macrumors newbie

Subliminal Message!

Mac People,

I have the same problem on my relatively new Mac with Lion, which also happens to have CS6. I've noticed that I usually see that screen within the first 10-15 minutes of start-up. Before any of you do a fresh install what you might want to do is hold or set up a camcorder which is zoomed into the center of the screen and start recording until the message appears. Then later while viewing the video - using frame advance and pause - the message should be viewable, readable & savable! As far as I'm concerned, any type of message like that should be illegal because as a disclaimer, it is not doing it's job. It's just like fine print that's too small to read!