OS X Lion slow reaction after wake

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Wanted797, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Wanted797, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

Wanted797 macrumors 6502

Wanted797

I'm having a problem that when I open my Macbook Pro after sleep it wakes. It shows the desktop but the mouse or nothing will work for about 5 to 10 seconds.

I have a Macbook Pro 13" I purchased back in June last year, (So it's the mid 2011 model).

When I purchased it came with OS X Snow Leopard of course, this ran fine and was great.

Since upgrading to Lion (Which I didn't do until 10.7.1) this has happened as well has it being slower to shut down and turn on. I have perviously had to clean install lion as advised by Apple staff at my local genius bar as I had trouble with my home folder going spastic when upgrading from Snow Leopard.

I waited for 10.7.2 and 10.7.3 to see if Apple would fix the problem but it's sill occurring.

It's not major I just thought I would ask if anyone else had noticed anything weird like that?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Are you connecting to remote Volumes when waking up?

3. Wanted797 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wanted797

No.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

First make sure you have all the Apple Software updates installed. Then fir try these steps:

1. Open System Preferences->Network pane.

2. At the top of the Network pane is the 'Location' pull-down. Use that to 'Edit Locations and then the + button to make a new custom named Location (calling it whatever you want). Then save that windows ad in the Main Network pane rejoin your wireless network and after joining click on the Network pane's 'Apply' button to totally save this new Network Location.

If making a new Network Location doesn't work then try to Reset Your NRAM.

Report back if any of those helps or not.