OS X Lion Stuck on "Waiting..."

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ULLER MECH, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ULLER MECH, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

ULLER MECH macrumors newbie

ULLER MECH

I have a 2010 iMac running 10.6.7, I just purchased OS X Lion from the Mac App Store, but it has been stuck on "Waiting..." for about 10 minutes now.

I tried canceling but it didn't do anything. I also logged out and tried re-installing, but it's just stuck on "Waiting..." again.

I am connected Via WiFi to my Linksys Duel-Band Wireless Router, where my Download speed is 20.70 Mbps.

What is the problem here? I can't even "Pause" the download because the option is greyed-out.

What should I do? And when will the download start?

----EDIT----

Just went back to the App Store and clicked "Install" for the third time, it now says "Installing", and OS X Lion says "Downloading..."

No progress bar yet though... :S

----EDIT 2----

Just went back to the App Store for the fourth time to check out the purchases section -- 1 Hour 15 Minutes to Download. Progress bar on the app is still grey though...

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Here's what I did. I restarted the Mac so the download isn't in the Dock. I then deleted the /Library/Caches/com.apple.itunesstored folder. Lion then downloaded without a problem.

3. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

I had exactly the same problem... Tried Rebooting, tried restarting the App Store etc... Even hardwired with a LAN cable instead of my airport wifi. Nothing helped started looking at other fixes and possible work arounds only to find that it had finally started downloading, very slowly mind you. Its been downloading now for about 20mins and so far about 155 MB downloaded and its estimating a further 4 hours for the full 3.74GB.

I just think the Apple servers are over-loaded... Give it some time your download will start when there is a gap and you can expect the download to take some time even if you have a fast connection.

:(;):apple:

4. dpfenninger macrumors regular

Thank you thank you THANK YOU...spent the better part of this afternoon trying to get the download to reappear after I had cancelled it and attempted to get it to re-download. This tip did the trick!!
    :)