OS X Lion things that bug me...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Chronolemon, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Chronolemon macrumors newbie

I JUST downloaded Lion. Was so excited about it as i'd seen all the videos and the keynote and everything.

I'm really disappointed in it though now i'm using it. The first thing I noticed was that the scrolling is the wrong way. No matter what you say about touch screens its still a trackpad so it is never going to work. I immediately googled it and found how to turn it back the other way.

The next thing I did was exposé. I found that exposé wasn't set to what it was before. I've been through all of the settings and I suddenly realised that i was just trying to make it as close to snow leopard as i possibly could. The main thing that keeps bothering me is that i can't exit exposé by doing the same gesture to activate it. Which seems silly as that gesture can not be used for anything else and they must have removed that functionality not thinking of what it would actually do...

A huge drawback for me also (as someone who is partially sighted) is that the zoom function doesn't work within LaunchPad. LaunchPad is one of the main reasons I upgraded and now I can't actually use it.

Another thing... Spaces... This is a feature I've never ever used. However, it has barged in and replaced a function that I use every single day... The App Switcher. Whereas all I had to do was swipe 4 fingers left or right to bring up the App switcher, all I get now is an annoying empty desktop. Now I have to perform the Command - Tab to get to my App switcher. I don't know who uses spaces. I guess they've brought it to the forefront just to show off their new full screen apps idea which I don't imagine using as I am never settled on one App at a time. Unless i'm using FCP and even then its nice to be able to see the dock as it lets me know still at least where I am and that I can get out any time I want. In a strange way these full screen apps make me feel enclosed.

I doubt any of these problems will be fixed as its a pretty niche audience that I fall into. Anyway I'd love to know your thoughts on this.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm using the "Natural" scrolling on the trackpad of my MBP and I love it. Started using Scroll Reverser while running SL a few months ago and adapted to it within a few days. To me, it makes much more sense and I find it a lot easier. I struggle to use other people's computers that do not have this set up, and have no desire to revert back to the old way of scrolling.

As to your other points..I don't have the best eyesight and I have a 13" screen but I can see all of the icons on Launchpad just fine.

Also, I was a huge user of Spaces in SL, but I've adapted to Mission Control and it's really no more difficult or less user friendly than the Spaces of SL.

Overall I'm very happy with Lion, don't have any noticeable bugs (that I've found yet) and it hasn't hampered usability whatsoever.

3. Chronolemon thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Ah, my apologies then.

My recommendation is to send Apple some feedback requesting that they add the feature to be able to zoom when using Launchpad.