OS X lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by savanahrose, Mar 20, 2012.

1. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I recently did something stupid. I did a clean install of Leopard and forgot that I had snow leopard installed before that. I can't find my snow leopard OS and I can not get to the mac app store to download Lion. Is there anyway to get around that so that I can download Lion from the app store?

2. Damo01 macrumors regular

No offense for those people like you who loses their installation discs where they should be kept in a safe place where they can be found when needed. How about contacting apple for a replacement.

3. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

You know I just had it last week for your information. I was going to do a clean install and I laid it by my computer but it is not there. It is not like I did not keep track of it. I still have all of my other installation disks, so why put me down? Yes sorry I did take offense. I was just asking a question that was all, there was not any need to put me or anyone down. Thank you for that hint to call Apple, I did think about that but I don't think it will go anywhere, but I can give it a shot. Thank you.

4. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Several ideas... do you have a friend or co-worker who could loan you their copy of snow leopard? Do you have a time machine backup? Failing those, if you live near an Apple Store you could call them and see if they could reinstall the OS for you. If you explain what happened they might just help you. It's called good customer service.

5. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

You can buy lion install USB drives at an Apple Store or online. That's the only legal way to do it. I'm sure you can find a torrent of SL, but we can't talk about that.

6. jackhdev macrumors 6502

I can almost guarantee you that the Genius Bar will reinstall Snow Leopard for you especially if you already bought the install discs. Don't buy anything (especially the Lion install USB drive, what a rip-off). Once you install Lion though, you can always reinstall with the recovery HD, so you don't need to worry about install discs!

7. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Thank you both for those suggestions, I was going to go to the Apple store tomorrow and ask them. I do have a time capsule but I could never get it to back up my drive. I just load movies and pics on it. I do have friends with macbook pros at work, maybe they can help me. Thanks I didn't think of that one.