OS X Lions isn't booting properly after installing rEFIt

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by sclomps, Oct 1, 2011.

1. sclomps macrumors newbie

A few days ago I installed rEFIt 1.4 because I was going to install Windows 7 on my MBP.
    The installation was ok but when I try to boot to Lion (currently the only OS) I get a screen with the Apple logo and a spinning wheel and I doesn't boot. Then I have to hold down the power button until the MBP is powered of and try again to boot and it's only then that I can boot into Lion.
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling rEFIt but it didn't work so, what can I do to solve my problem?

Thank you very much for our attention

2. softwater macrumors newbie

Did you try uninstalling rEfit and installing it again while booted into Snow Leopard rather than Lion?

3. sclomps thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have Snow Leopard installed anymore but I think I've solved the problem uninstalling rEFIt.

Thanks for your help

4. IVoidWarranties macrumors newbie

hmm

Hello all...

Ive been fighting with my MBP for about two weeks now trying to get Lion and Windows 7 to work.. well let me rephrase, getting rEFit to work with lion.. I had it dual booted with rEFit and Snow Leopard for months since i bought it no problem, but i've reformatted at least 10 times now and can't seem to get it working. I get the same apple logo and hanging spinny thing every time. Tried reinstalling rEFit a bunch of times, nothing. I'm new to Mac but have a lot of experience with PC's so if any solutions involve Terminal im all for it but please explain thoroughly :) Any ideas???

I'm ready to just go back to SL and 7 and say F&%k you lion even though I paid the $30, seems to run slower than SL anyway. I need to get this fixed soon though i need to move to the cloud i use mobileme to keep track of all my calanders for work..

any help greatly appreciated..

5. pier macrumors 6502

pier

Anyone found a solution to this?

I uninstalled rEFIT and half of the times I can't boot in Lion, or when I can it takes a LOT. Before rEFIT I booted into Lion in about 20-30 seconds, now it takes like 2 minutes.

:mad:

6. ewv macrumors newbie

the instructions for manual install worked fine for me without issue

Download the “Mac disk image” or any of the other two binary distributions from the home page. Double-click to mount or unpack them.
    Copy the “efi” folder from the rEFIt distribution to the root level of your Mac OS X volume. (Macintosh HD)
    Open Terminal and enter the following commands:

cd /efi/refit
    ./enable.sh

When prompted, enter the password for your user account.