OS X Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mawjav, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mawjav macrumors newbie

Hi. Hope you can help.

I've had a lot of problems in the past with the generic OS X Mail app. I've been unable to send, or receive, or both. I've tried just about every combination of ports, settings, etc., suggested to me on the Apple Discussions site. But all to no avail.

So, I've finally ditched OS X Mail and installed Mozilla's Thunderbird. Now, using identical settings to those tried in OS X Mail, I can send, receive, and do just about anything I like. Except......

Thunderbird will not import my Address Book!!!!!!!!

My Address Book is the standard Mac OS X Address Book. I have tried saving v-cards, saving the whole book, etc, but when I try to import to Thunderbird, I just get a bunch of blank v-cards or nothing at all.

Step by step guide please. I'm sure this must be both possible and easy. I must just be missing some single vital step.

Cheers,

Martin

2. jive turkey macrumors 6502

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the latest Alpha builds of Thunderbird actually use the OS X address book. You may want to head over to the Mozilla forums and check around. I did download and use the public Alpha and had zero problems with it (over a weekend of testing), but it is still a pre-release product so you may not want to use it for everyday work.

I know, none of that answers your question. :eek: Just something to think about.