OS X Mail: Sending email with another address...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lebhel, Mar 23, 2009.

1. lebhel macrumors newbie

Using Daniel's Plug-In I am running my hotmail address on OS X Mail. However, there's an option in Hotmail called "Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts". Can I do this on OS X Mail through Hotmail?

Also, where in the WORLD is the Trash Can on OSX Mail?! I can't find it anywhere!

You can reply on this or email me directly at lebhel55@hotmail.com

Thanks guys...

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You can simply add other accounts to your Mail program in Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts. There's no need to go through Hotmail to do this.

The trash is under Mailboxes.

Attached Files:

3. lebhel thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that my school email account cannot be accessed on other email clients. On my school email I just chose an option to have it all forwarded to my Hotmail address and then I chose the option to be able to send email using my school email address. It's kind of confusing...I don't really know how to explain it, unfortunately. :-(

I finally found the trash bin...it just took about 30 minutes for it to finally show up for some reason.

Also, I'm having an impossible time having OS X Mail sync with Hotmail's server, so that when I delete an item on Mail then it deletes it on the server as well. Now when I delete something it just grays the image in the Inbox, but doesn't let me delete it or move it to the trash bin.

I keep messing with the options to no good outcome. I've never had this much trouble with an email client...I thought this was Apple. ;-P

Attached Files:

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It's Apple, but it's Apple using a third-party hack to interface with Microsoft. Guess whose fault this is? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I can't help you. The only suggestion I can offer is to try a Gmail account.