OS X Mavericks (10.9) ??

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Pacman10, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Pacman10 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    How can this be possible, since everyone says Mavericks performs better?
    My MacBook Pro Late 2009 has 4 Gigs RAM and two HDs (1 SSD and one 7200 RPM), and I performed either an upgrade from ML, and a second time a total wipe of the hard drive and install of Mavericks from zero.
    In both cases, I experience a better behaviour of ML over Mavericks: snappier transitions, more fluid video streamings (i.e. SkyGo), Mac goes to sleep almost istantaneoulsy (on Mavericks it takes more than 10 seconds), no app crashes, fan turns on less often... I don't use finder so there's no indexing, by the way no improvement over a month; Mavericks behaviour improved with 10.9.1, but in any case using ML over Mavericks is like having an iPhone over an Android. Even web page scrolling is more fluid with Mountain Lion, no hangs at all... so I decided to go back in order to have a better experience. But I suspect there's something wrong, I can't understand: maybe my hardware is too old to gain the better performance given by Mavericks; surely ML is the best OS for my Mac, even better than Snow Leopard, the original OS.
    Anyone having those kind of experiences?

2. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

I have a mid 2012 Macbook pro and upgraded the RAM to 8GB and installed a 256GB samsung 840 SSD. I agree with the performance being smoother in mountain lion.

I have installed mavericks on a separate partition, but I'm not sure as to whether or not this would affect the performance, but as of right now, i know that it doesn't feel as responsive as ML in many aspects.

An issue i have is using fullscreen mode and also closing tabs in safari and there being a bit of a lag, and also some stuttering almost every time i do close a tab.

Even though these are some nit picky things, it does take away from the experience. so i might have to hold off until 10.9.2.

3. Pacman10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lets send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

4. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

Im sure in due time it will reach a much more comfortable feel, hopefully by the next major update.