OS X Mavericks - Browser?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Kelleez70, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Kelleez70 macrumors newbie

I have tried all the browsers I have come across since upgrading to Mavericks in which I have been bitterly disappointed with each and every one of them.... I have no alternative than to come here and ask for any suggestions for a half decent Browser to use:rolleyes:.... and Ill give it a go. Safari is as good as useless - Chrome has just slowed so much it does my head in and the likes of Opera and Maxathon just didn't cut it. Ive got a new MacBook Air and she's quick - after the Mavericks upgrade - the internet is so very slow and i have good speeds by my local internet provider - I just dont know what's gone wrong - Im thinking of rolling back before the Mavericks upgrade.... Not happy Jan..... Someone.... HELP ME!!!!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Your list doesn't have Firefox. Have you given it a try?

3. w0lf, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014

w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Something tells me it's not your web browser that's causing the slowness you're experiencing.

4. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I'm assuming you're on a wireless connection? Try testing your ISP speed both wired and wireless. You may find it's an ISP/router/airport issue, not a browser problem.

You could also try setting up a new user account to see if the problem persists. Then there's always a fresh install of Mavericks to consider - and test your speed before you restore your backup.

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

IMO, Safari is the best browser on the Mac. Looks like you have problems other than slow browsers.

6. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

Safari works the best for me, as chrome lags like crap when watching a YouTube video or looking at the new Mac Pro page.