Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Understand this is pretty early, but has anyone been able to find the mountain lion recovery disk assistant software that one can download onto a USB thumb drive ?

SR45

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the reply. Just hope I don't have to do a clean reinstall of the OS anytime soon, and have to download it the old-fashioned way. :D

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
After you install Mountain Lion, you can use the Recovery Disk Assistant (in the Utilities folder) to make a bootable Mountain Lion recovery partition on a USB stick. The assistant still refers to Lion and has the Lion picture, but I have verified that it does work.

If it's not in your Utilities folder, just download this Lion version from Apple. It works with Mountain Lion too.

ivoruest

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Guatemala
After you install Mountain Lion, you can use the Recovery Disk Assistant (in the Utilities folder) to make a bootable Mountain Lion recovery partition on a USB stick. The assistant still refers to Lion and has the Lion picture, but I have verified that it does work.

If it's not in your Utilities folder, just download this Lion version from Apple. It works with Mountain Lion too.

Do you know if it works with SD cards??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.