OS X Not Booting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gillilandboy, Oct 27, 2008.

1. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

Hello all, I have a Macbook Pro that I bought brand new in June and I love it! Have a little problem I went to start up my Macbook today and it gets stuck at the Apple boot screen. I have no idea what is wrong it has been working great but does have the normal wear and tear that a notebook gets but nothing major I have never dropped it or anything I take it with me back and fourth to work everyday. I thought that hard drive might be going bad but it boots up Windows Vista just fine (I have it installed via bootcamp). Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What does appear after you press and hold the Option/Alt key after the start up sound "rings"?

The pressing of the Option key shows you all the bootable devices connected to the Mac - internal and external.

Normally it should show you Macintosh HD (where your Mac OS X resides) and the Bootcamp partition. If a OS installation DVD is inserted it shows too.

3. gillilandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Its shows me everything that is normally would. Like macintosh hd and windows. I did put in my reinstall disks that came with the MacBook because I thought maybe repairing the disk and all that would fix it but it didn't. I'm worries that I'm going to have to reinstall the OS. I don't have any backups.