OS X on a Samsung NC10 Netbook

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by raymondkerr, Nov 8, 2008.

1. raymondkerr macrumors regular

On the market for a netbook and was originally going for the MSI wind, I want to run OS X and I know the MSI Wind can run it. I have just came across the Samsung NC10 netbook and wondered if anyone had yet tried OS X on the NC10.

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Not really allowed to help with runing mac os x on other hardware, but I can point you at this forum http://www.insanelymac.com/ - I am certain there will be answers over there as thats what they do :)

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Bunny is right... but there is also a Hackintosh thread floating around here somewhere that might give you some insight as well. You can MRoogle it.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. raymondkerr thread starter macrumors regular

5. djellison macrumors 68020

I just got my NC10 with the intention of OSXicating it at some point. I'm trying it for size with XP for now - but I'm about to open it up and drop 2gb of ram in it, as well as a Dell 1490 WiFi card.

Doug

6. djellison macrumors 68020

Ram and WiFi card are in. Used the MSI Wind ISO one can find out there. Installation was great.

Video is working, accelerated. Sound works, with volume controls working. WiFi with the new card works great. Webcam works. Bluetooth is fine.

USB ports, LAN, screen brightness adjust, Microphone, SD Card Reader, Headphone Jack- don't work.

Doug

7. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

8. djellison macrumors 68020

USB fixed - simply reset with a usb device plugged in (my USB datastick for example). This also fixes the SD Card reader which now works with SD cards. Waiting on a crappy Ebay seller to send my an SDHC card to test.

Going to try the MSI Wind Headphone fix later.

D

9. bafmich macrumors newbie

Hi will it be possible to have a tutorial for the installation of OS X on the NC10?

thank you

10. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

11. Poirot818 macrumors regular

Has anyone found a fix for that?

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Try TinyXP instead. It's footprint is "tiny", although it may have stripped out things that you want.

Also, I wanted to know if the Sleep function works like it does on a Mac? I mean, can I just open and close the lid, and expect the system to just wake up?

13. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

On the MSI you close the lid and it sleeps (is uses a bit more power than a MB though, so won't stay in standby as long), and to wake it you just open it and press the power button and hey presto - instant on.

14. fongyuen macrumors 6502

just ordered a nc10 off amazon with the intent of running osx. maybe it's just me, but the insanely mac instruction write up is kinda confusing. can someone whose successfully installed osx on their nc10 clarify the instructions for me? thanks.