Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Why is it that anytime I want to paste something, it always pastes it a line above where my cursor is?

For example, if I want to post a link somewhere, I hit enter twice so that there is one line of blank space between my last typing and where the new link wil go. The cursor blinks where it should but 100% of the time without fail, when I actually two finger tap for my right click and the menu box pops up with the options for cut/copy/paste/etc, the blue line of highlighting where its going to paste into is a line above where the cursor is, so I end up with no blank space between the link and the last text.

What gives? Please don't say "Well just hit return twice then" because we all know if windows did this the Mac community would crucify it for being stupid.

WHY does it do this???

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I have no idea, it definitely isn't something normal though fyi.

As in it's not normal for me since it works properly for everyone else or as in it's not normal for everyone?

This happens on both my Macs.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Well, the solution is clear. You're the problem! :p

But seriously, what software are you using here? If it's happening on both of your Macs, chances are it's the product of some program you've installed.

tallguy

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Canada
It works fine for me so it must be something wrong on your end. I think that's what you were trying to ask but nobody was really giving you a straight answer. Does your problem still occur when you paste using command v?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Can you please clarify what you mean about the "blue line of highlighting where its going to paste". You should only get blue highlighting if you drag to select. Are you getting the highlighting as soon as you right-click?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.