OS X Pre-Release 10.9.4

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by fmiranda86, Jun 22, 2014.

1. fmiranda86 macrumors newbie

I suscribed to the public beta the day it was available and today it got installed (13E19). The problem is that even though it went through the whole installation process, I can't see any difference, it's the old software...do I have to activate something? When I enter the app store or click on 'about this mac' it says that it's installed...but nothing.

Anyone knows what can I do? I run a mid 2012 macbook air :confused:

2. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

The public beta program is different than the developer program. The 10.9.4 is for developers only right now, they haven't released one for the public beta yet. I think they actually have only released one version of 10.9.3 to the public beta and that's it so far if I'm not mistaken.

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

OS X 10.9.4 is just a small update to mavericks, so there won't be anything noticeably different compared to before except for stability (for the better or worse). Maybe you are thinking of the Yosemite (10.10) public beta that was available on the day of WWDC. That public beta hasn't actually started yet and you probably signed up for the mavericks public beta, either instead of or at the same time as the Yosemite beta.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

10.9.4 was released to public seeding members a couple of days ago.

5. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

Weird, it didn't show up in the app store for me either. That's why I thought there has only been one public release so far.

6. huffhuff macrumors member

I also just installed 10.9.4 (13E19). I'm not a developer but have signed up for the Public Beta Program.

7. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

8. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

You have to have the mavericks seed utility installed to see it.

9. fmiranda86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does that mean that what I've installed isn't really Yosemite? Where can I get the seed utility?

Thank you all for the quick answers! :)

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's not Yosemite (10.10), it's Mavericks (10.9.4). You already have the seed utility, otherwise you wouldn't have been offered 10.9.4 in the first place.