OS X questions about Spaces

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MatrixPrime, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MatrixPrime macrumors regular

Hello everyone.
    I've been a Mac user for about a year now, but I've never really used the Spaces feature. I'm a web developer, and my work is purchasing me a 17" Macbook Pro to replace my dual-monitor Dell setup. (I'll also have a second monitor to connect to the MacBook for the same sort of setup).
    Now we are a Window shop, so I'm going to be running VM Fusionware to continue running the Windows applications I've been using.

My question is, can I specify through some sort of setting, which programs I would like to start upon boot, and then specify which Space I would like to send those programs to? As an example, say I wanted to have VM Fusionware start automatically upon logging into my machine, is there a setting that I can set to tell it to load in Space "2", keeping the OS X desktop in Space "1"?

2. acxz macrumors regular

Yep, just set VMWare to launch when you login through the Accounts > Login Items SysPrefs menu, then assign VMWare to Space 2 via the Spaces SysPrefs menu, like in the attached image.

Attached Files:

3. csimon2 macrumors member

Yes. This can be managed very well through the Expose and Spaces control panel.

Attached Files:

4. SailorTom macrumors regular

the fusion 2 beta also lets you assign file types to either mac apps or windows apps, and does the same sort of thing for URLs.

5. MatrixPrime thread starter macrumors regular