OS X refuses to boot.. always boots into windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mraymond77, Mar 13, 2011.

1. mraymond77 macrumors newbie

Hello, new here. 2010 Macbook pro (intel core 2 duo)
    I'm posting this because I can't quite find another thread or other person with the exact same problem as me.

I was uploading pictures on gmail when for the first time ever my mac froze. I held down the power and shut it off then I turned it back on, and it booted up windows XP.
    I set up bootcamp to default boot into OS X snow leopard. and its been set up that way for almost a year. I thought it was weird, so I turned it off and booted again holding option and chose mac. but it booted into windows anyways. I've tried zapping the NVRAM and safe booting it. I've checked in my bootcamp settings that it is indeed set to boot into mac, and even chose it to restart into mac from the bootcamp option. No matter what I do it refuses to boot into Mac OS X, always booting into windows. Its really frustrating as I rarely use the windows partition, and all my important things are on the mac partition.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or help?

2. hammie14, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

hammie14 macrumors regular

hammie14

OOPS just read the whole post forget what I posted!

3. Jaygyver macrumors newbie

Have you tried _booting_ from your _Mac OS install disk_ and "Repair Disk"?

4. mraymond77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, and also have attempted the archive and install. I took it to expercom and it turns out its corrupted somehow. Had to get a new hard drive and will cost me 500-1000 to recover my data off my hard drive. All from holding the power button, be careful everyone when forcing a shut down. apparently you can end up getting screwed. And BACKUP your data! I'm sure you all do that, I learned the lesson the hard way...