OS X Screenshot - Cant fix

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
London City
I have been looking around MR and on google and cant seem to find anyone with this problem. My screenshots, instead of having a shadow, has a thick black line round it.

If anyone has had this problem, and fixed it please let me know its really annoying me. For some reason it's happening on both my MBP and iMac.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I don't know the answer to your query, but I use little snapper instead. It provides more features and flexibility then the out of the box screen capture function. Perhaps that will work for you as well.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
How are you capturing screen shots? The default should record out as a PNG. The image you are showing is a JPEG - JPEG cannot contain a transparent layer that is required for the shadows. Does it show up as black in the default png?

arilev

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2004
Oakland, CA
Capturing jpeg screenshots worked fine up through 10.6.1. This is a bug that was introduced in 10.6.2 specific to capturing screenshots in jpeg format. I know a number of people have informed Apple about it and hopefully it will be fixed in 10.6.3. In the meantime as mrkgoo says above the default format is png and that still works no problem.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
I have been looking around MR and on google and cant seem to find anyone with this problem. My screenshots, instead of having a shadow, has a thick black line round it.

If anyone has had this problem, and fixed it please let me know its really annoying me. For some reason it's happening on both my MBP and iMac.
Yeah, note that the black matches the shadow around active windows.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
London City
Ahh right I completely forgot that I had changed the type to jpg. PNG works fine now, dont really remember why I had changed it to jpg.

Cheers