OS X Server Forum & Site Suggestions

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iDisk, Nov 5, 2010.

1. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

"gods",

Since XServe is a EOL product now, can we move the OS X Server forum off the main page in a sub section, and accommodate something else?

Also to help the site better I would suggest categorizing the sections as follow:

RIGHT SIDE

* Mac Pro
    * iMac
    * MacBook Pro
    * Macbook
    * MacBook Air
    * Mac Mini
    * iPad
    * iPod nano/Shuffle/Classic
    * iPod Touch
    * iPhone
    ----------------------------------
    LEFT SIDE "SUB SECTIONS" Are in Bold

* XCode - OS X - iOS - Safari
    * iWork - Pages - Keynote - Numbers
    * iLife - iWeb - iPhoto - iMovie - iWeb - iDVD - Garageband
    * Aperture
    * Final Cut Studio
    * Final Cut Express
    * Logic Studio
    * Logic Express
    * Mobile Me
    * iWork for iPad
    * Apple Airport & Wireless
    * Apple Mice & Keyboards & track pad
    * Quicktime
    * Safari
    * Apple TV
    * Site feedback
    * Wasteland

Put these titles on the main page on the right hand side and left hand side. Though design it where the users would have to click on the name of the hardware and then a drop down window would appear showing what threads are "hot". This way You can include all of Apples products on the main right bar. I feel the site could be more organized and efficient for helping others with their needs. If explanation is cloudy then feel free to PM gods of the site. This suggestion would also help the moderators and users to know where to inquire about problems.

This site should cater to Apple more and reflect its commitment to the Apple community, not only in what's available to discuss, but in look and feel as well.

- Bruce

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

OSX Server is still very much alive and well, so removing/altering it does not seem to make too much sense.

Apple killed off the rack mounted xserve, not the OS

Edit: This also does not affect the need for people to keep posting threads there as well.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. iDisk, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010

iDisk thread starter macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Referring to the hardware. Not the software though I feel it should be a sub-section.

Bruce

My post wasn't clear and I regret that now. Though what my main purpose was, is for this site to re-organize in a much more Apple centric way. I feel the site could dramatically be cleaned up to reflect its true commitment towards Apple (meaning more clean and elegant) The mobile version of this site is done very well, and I commend the developers who worked on that.

- Bruce

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Removing the XServe portion is premature. It's at the end of it's life, but there is still support for it.