OS X Server problem!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by famous600, Mar 1, 2014.

1. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

I have a drobo 5d connected to my mac mini running OSX Server. The Server is accessible from other machines on the house. I have chuckled the permissions etc and everything is good. HOWEVER, my iMac can not copy to the drive. I get a .DS_STORE error -36. If I don't get that error I get the same error -36 but it tells me some information can not be read or written which I know for a fact is false. I can copy it to the desktop on the mini and the transfer it to the Server that way. My Macbook running 10.7.5 also has ZERO issues. Any ideas?!?!

2. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

3. famous600 thread starter macrumors 6502a

famous600

Mind enlightening me as to what named stream are? Do I disable them on the imac with the problem or the Mac mini running the server?

4. famous600 thread starter macrumors 6502a

famous600

Disabled name streams on the imac. Issue appears to be resolved. Is there any reason I would need them enabled?

5. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

I frankly don't know. I just googled on the issue you were having and found that Apple document that suggested a work-around. Glad it resolved that issue, but I have no idea if it might introduce others.

The Apple document says that if the issue resolves, contact the manufacturer of the device (that is, your Drobo) and request an update. Beyond that, we're both equally knowledgeable at this point!

6. famous600 thread starter macrumors 6502a

famous600

Hmmmm either way, issue resolved!

7. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Well yeah, that's the good part. But what neither of us knows is whether there are unintended consequences.

I suggest you follow Apple's advice and see what the Drobo people have to say about a firmware upgrade.

----------

Also note http://www.tuaw.com/2010/03/17/you-cant-always-trust-drobo-dashboard/

You can update the firmware manually at http://www.drobo.com/support/updates/ ...Seems the current firmware is 3.0.9. Is that what you're running on your Drobo?

8. famous600 thread starter macrumors 6502a

famous600

Yup I've tripled checked. I honestly don't think it's a firmware issue as another machine can access the server fine.