OS X Sever 3.0 Today?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by squeakr, Oct 22, 2013.

1. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I didn't see the press release, but from what I can gather, OS X Server 3.0 will be available today as well. I have gotten the Maverick download, but don't want to make the jump on my server (other devices upgraded already) until the Server version is out as well.

Anyone who saw the press release, was it mentioned that this is supposed to be released today as well? (the link from the webisits is not active in the App store yet.

2. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

I didn't see anything either, upgraded my test Server with the new OS X so, now just waiting for 3.0 so I can start my services again.

3. squeakr thread starter macrumors 68000

squeakr

4. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

Yeaaa, I knew that was going to happen so it's all good ;-)

5. squeakr thread starter macrumors 68000

squeakr

6. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

Oh cool let's see if it upgrades everything correctly, thanks for the heads up!

7. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

is it a free upgrade as well or $20?

Curious as I see 3.0 in the App Store but, no update available for OS X Server 2.2.2

8. DaPhatty macrumors member

Anyone know what the differences are? I've been holding off on buying Server since the update was coming. Would be nice to know what has changed.

9. hurleyint1386 macrumors member

Biggest update is Xcode collaboration services. Otherwise I believe it's updates. Anyone know of any other new features at all?

10. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

???

my question is, Is OS X Server 3 a paid update or is it a free upgrade?

11. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

paid,not free.

12. Makosuke macrumors 603

This technically qualifies as an update, not a new feature, but the SMB services actually work now, which from my perspective is functionally a new feature--previously it was so bad I needed to turn SMBX off and install Samba to get it to work, so being able to run the built-in Windows file services for my users is definitely new, and hugely welcome.