OS X Sierra & Concept Draw Pro 9.5

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chattahoochee, Oct 6, 2016.

1. chattahoochee macrumors 6502

After updating to OS X Sierra my Concept Draw Pro 9.5 will not function. Concept Draw support tell me I have to upgrade to Pro 10 at an additional costs to be able to use OS X Sierra.
    I could go back to El Captain and stay with CD Pro 9.5 but I sense a foul play here.
    I'm going to state this to Concept Draw as well !
    What does the MacRumors Forum folks think ?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Several points here>
    Concept Draw has maybe added features that are supported by Sierra, and may need other mods for that version to work on older OS X versions, or prevents the new version from working on older systems.
    (CDPro 10 appears to be supported on OS X 10.10 and later)
    Concept Draw likes to get your money :D
    Concept Draw is "improving" your user experience, unfortunately requiring that you purchase an upgrade.
    Maybe there is an upgrade program for a reduced cost from Concept Draw for existing customers. Some companies do this.

If upgrading to Sierra requires a paid upgrade to Concept Draw Pro 10, and you don't want to purchase that (and your old version was working fine), then seems like you need to return to El Cap.
    Wait until you have submitted to CDPro 10 before you move on to the macOS upgrade.

3. Lightsaber macrumors member

Seems pretty lame on Concept Draws part. I would probably call it done with them and move onto a competing product that doesnt play these silly kinds of games