OS X startup problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dejabu18, Dec 11, 2008.

1. dejabu18 macrumors newbie

hi I have an Intel macbook with OS X leopard my problem is when I boot the macbook I have the desktop screen and the finders bars loaded but when you try to go with the mouse pointer over the finders bar then the bar disappear and the mouse pointers rest like if it is loading something for a while then the finders bar shows up again and if you try to do something go on any program or simply to move the mouse pointer over the finders bar the same start happening again

I already try to solve the problem restarting the PRAM
    I've clean the cache
    I used the disk Utility to repair the files permissions
    I've modify the loginwindows.plist files to disable startup programs
    I tried to boot on safe mode and I have only a blue screen

any idea about this Im a newbit on the mac world and sorry for my english

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

You may need a fresh install. I would try a disk repair first though. Stick in your OSX disc and boot up holding down the "C" key. Then open disk utility from the menus and run a repair. This is not the same as reparing the permissions. If the disk repair doesn't work, I'd do a complete reinstall of the OS. Hope this helps.

3. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I agree, re-installing the OS will not only solve this problem, but will also solve other unknown problems you may have as well. Keep in mind, to keep your machine running healthy, it's good to perform an OS re-install 1-2 times a year.

4. dejabu18 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok guys yea I think that but my boss told me to dig a little deeper into the problem in order to find something but I really think that is the faster and better solution thank you guys

:D