Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

cairnsiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
I know what you're thinking "empty your trash can" and well, i have. of course i searched google for help before posting here.

I have tried everything I can think off i've even put it into a windows computer and it's telling me it's empty so why is osx doing this? Is it trying to make me buy a £400 Apple USB stick so i wont have this problem ?? :p ;)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I know what you're thinking "empty your trash can" and well, i have. of course i searched google for help before posting here.

I have tried everything I can think off i've even put it into a windows computer and it's telling me it's empty so why is osx doing this? Is it trying to make me buy a £400 Apple USB stick so i wont have this problem ?? :p ;)

You can use an app like DaisyDisk to see the "deleted" files and clear them off. There are other similar apps that do this as well.

Comment

cairnsiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
Trust issues eh ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 00.47.53.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 00.47.53.png
    459.8 KB · Views: 101
Comment

cairnsiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
ITs a 2gb drive and im tying to put a few songs in there about 50mb each :(

----------

You can use an app like DaisyDisk to see the "deleted" files and clear them off. There are other similar apps that do this as well.

Ok this worked it found 2gb worth of files BUT i have to pay to remove them... know a free application similar ?

Comment

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
How is the thumbdrive formatted ?

Also you might try unmounting the thumbdrive then putting it back in.

Just use disk utility to format the thumbdrive.

Comment

cairnsiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
Comment

cairnsiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
No worries. The moderators here already have me rated.

:D

*cough* *cough*

Judging by your name... your forum account picture and location.. i'd say you were pretty "high" *wink wink * ;)

Right on if so man :p

Comment

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Since you're a newbie a FYI.

there's a little blue up icon on the bottom right of every post. It's called the up vote.

That's how folks vote on a post.

Enjoy your music.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.