OS X Tiger Dock

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by KeegM480, Nov 14, 2013.

1. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Yes, I did mean to put this in here, figured I would get more help. I am one of the few people that dislike the dock in OS X Tiger, I dont have $70 to spend on software for an iMac I don't use much too.

Does anyone know how to get a mountain Lion or Leopard themed dock for OS X Tiger ( preferably Mountain Lion). Ive seen millions for a Mountain Lion to Tiger but no Tiger to Mountain Lion.

Thanks!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You're on Tiger, so you have a few options. Mainly Shapeshifter which allows you to use themes. But if you just want a dock, download Candybar (it's free) and do a search for candybar docks. Candybar will let you change docks.

Lots of cool docks can be found on deviantart.com

3. RedCroissant Suspended

I don't know if there are apps for this because most of them require OS X 10.5 or higher. Themes are probably your best bet.

I think CandyBar 2.5 is compatible with Tiger, but I don't know if you can change the dock with it. I could be wrong but I thought the dock mods didn't come around until at least version 3.0 and the release of Leopard.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hmmm, never really paid attention to Candybar until Leopard so you are probably right. Usually, I just applied Unsanity's transparent dock hack, but that wasn't doable with Leopard.