OS X Tiger: Unanswered questions

Converted2Truth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Hell@HighAltitude
Tiger is almost here, and i have some questions.

Will Tiger use "FileVault"? I can't find any information on this.

Will the xCode .app have a UML design component?

I'd appreciate any info people have. Also, others w/questions: feel free to post them here.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
im pretty sure that tiger will have FileVault, it was just introduced with Panther, and it would be getting rid of features, which i dont see them doing

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
mkrishnan said:
WRT XCode 2, I'm not sure that these visual models are exactly UML, but since they're the ones Apple is billing as the new XCode feature, I'm guessing they're what you get. ;)
That's cool, I like how it distinguishes categories (I'm assuming that's what the green ones are). I wonder how it handles large amounts of classes with complicated connections though. Could get ugly. Now if we could just get EOModeler separated from WebObjects (which looks like it's being slowly phased out) and integrated into Xcode, or as an independent app a la Interface Builder...

Another feature I'd like to see is the automating of building selector descriptions in the interface file, it's a real PITA now constantly having to duplicate your work and any changes to keep your .h and .m files synchronized.