OS X to Vista Translation App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tysontabs, Apr 5, 2008.

1. tysontabs macrumors member

Hello, I would like to know if there is a program out there tha would allow a MacPro user (myself) to transfer files (most notiably .psd files ) between the Windows Vista HP and OS 10.5.2 opperating systems either way. < & >

As it is right now, I am using bootcamp with vista on one internal drive and OS X on another. I will be purchasing Softimage XSI Essentials in the near term and since it is only Windows/Linux compatiable, I cannot use it in OSX where my copy of Adobe CS3 DP lives.

I am hoping that there is a software package out there that will allow me to send .psd or .jpg files from my OSX Photoshop to my soon to have copy of Softimage XSI in Windows and then back to OS X again.

Dose anybody know of a program that can save me over a thousand dollars?

Tabs:confused:

2. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

hmm can you clarify your setup a bit more? Are you trying to move .psd files between your Mac and Windows BootCamp partition?

Or are you moving them from one computer to another? Because if you are... the same .psd files works in both Mac and Windows.

If you're trying to move them from one partition another (and will be doing though frequently), an option is to reformat your drive so that there is a Mac partition, Windows partition and a Fat 32 partition (writable by both Mac and Windows). However, you would need to reformat your drive so that would mean backing up all files to likely, an external drive. The other option of course, is to have a Fat 32 partition on an external drive.

If it's just a one time thing, just burn it to a CD/DVD

As far as I know, there is no way to write to a Mac partition from Windows or vice versa. There is only an app to allow Macs to read, Windows partitions (which i can't think of now)

hope this helps?

edit:
    just came across this and thought it might be of use
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=466094