OS X Tutorials

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by poppe, May 10, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Hello,

I've been a Mac user for some time now, but my parents have decided to convert recently. Now they have been Windows all their life so OS X is going to be Japanese for the first couple days.

I was wondering if you all knew of any tutorial websites that really explained simple things like, closing an application out, how to install an application, etc. It would be awesome if there was a video tutorial site out there.

I have made a list myself and given it to them, but I feel I did not explain things well.

Any advice?

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Maybe start them out at Mac 101. That's a good place to start.

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Actually, considering they're coming from Windows, Switch 101 might be a better place to start. ;)

4. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

oh duh me... i totally forgot about those. That will help a lot on getting off all their files from the computers.

Any other advice.

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Lynda.com has some, but for $. But if that's in your budget, you might also look at Apple's new One-to-One training.

6. Mantronix macrumors regular

Lynda is an awesome site. I use it and I watched the OS X tutorial a few times while I'm at work. You can even be creative with it. :rolleyes:

7. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Oh weird... Sounds good but they are not gonna pay for that. Hmm well I guess I'll just have to do a lot of iChat video conferences with them to help them out.