https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=clientApplication&displayFormat=hideOn January 18, 2014 we released thinkorswim version 1854.
Thank you for the email. Thinkorswim has been upgraded to Java 7 and will need to be reinstalled if it does not update properly.
To reinstall thinkorswim on your Mac please follow the instructions below:
- Right click on the thinkorswim icon on your desktop and click on Show Original. (if you do not have an icon for thinkorswim then open Finder, click on Applications and then double click on the thinkorswim or thinkTDA folder)
- Locate any files that start with "workspace", and the file folder titled “Backup”
- Move these items to your desktop
- Run the uninstaller and then delete the thinkorswim folder
- Go to https://mediaserver.thinkorswim.com/installer/install.html
- Click on Install thinkDesktop
- Select RUN (or save and open after saving) and follow the prompts to reinstall the software.
- Once thinkorswim has been reinstalled then place the files you put on your desktop (workspace files and back up folder) back into the thinkorswim file folder
Should you have additional questions, please contact us again.
Thank you for your time,
866 839 1100 general
As you can see, the update program couldn't find a specified file/directory.Jan 18, 2014 10:52:08 AM jreupdater INFO: [main] FileReplacer: Update installation files.
Jan 18, 2014 10:52:09 AM jreupdater WARNING: FileReplacer: Error while updating installation files: /Applications/thinkTDA/thinkorswim Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub.new (No such file or directory). java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Applications/thinkTDA/thinkorswim Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub.new (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
Jan 18, 2014 10:55:35 AM jreupdater INFO: [main] FileReplacer: Unzip jre file
The updated program runs fine now for me.cp -r /Applications/thinkTDA/thinkorswim\ from\ TD\ AMERITRADE\ Uninstaller.app /Applications/thinkTDA/thinkorswim\ Uninstaller.app
Hmmm, for me, that got rid of the error message, but when running TOS, nothing appears. The log says it gets to launching the installation updater thread before it stops.The updated program runs fine now for me.