OS-X update not installing on new mac

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ashutosh, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Ashutosh macrumors newbie

Hi all, I got my new macbook 2 weeks back and I totally fell in love with this baby. Up till now I haven't faced any problems but recently I tried to install Mac OS updates- the updates download successfully- asks for a restart(I do as it says) and then while installing updates I hangs on at about 15% where is says configuring installation. I left it overnight and the installation was still there at about 15%. I had to forcefully shut down my mac. Tried if for couple of times after than and each time it check for the updates and since the updates are already downloaded on my system and it tries to install the same and stops of the very same place. Rest all the software updates are working fine- Just the mac os update.

Have any of you faced any such problem or know what should I do to rectify this?

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I haven't seen this problem before, but the best thing to do, would be to reinstall OS X.

Don

3. t1mmclaren macrumors newbie

Well that's a bit of a cop-out... I am having the same problem.

I am going to attempt to find where the update is downloaded to and delete it to force the mac to re-download it.

4. t1mmclaren macrumors newbie

5. JesRoyston macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue, so if anyone finds where this download went, please let me know so I can delete and try to download from the website. Although I notice on that link that it's only like 340 something MGS, but the download my computer called for is over 600...any thoughts on that? Would we be missing something if downloaded from website?

6. egoste macrumors newbie

Not working w/manual download / install either...
    edit: Sorry this was meant for thunderbolt firmware update...