Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
Is there a way to purge the SSID/ password for a WiFi used during a clean install of Mavericks (10.9)?

OS X Utilities seems to remember it no what matter what I do: delete the partition, clean install etc.

Anyone knows?

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Start Keychain Access (I start it via spotlight), in the upper left section called "keychains", select "iCloud".

Then in the lower left section, select "passwords". It should be there somewhere. You can make it easier to find if you click the "Kind" column, to sort it. It should be the kind "AirPort network password".

Rightclick and select Delete.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Is there a way to purge the SSID/ password for a WiFi used during a clean install of Mavericks (10.9)?

OS X Utilities seems to remember it no what matter what I do: delete the partition, clean install etc.

Anyone knows?

It is stored in system NVRAM/PRAM and not on the drive. Do a PRAM reset by following this and it will be wiped.

Reactions: aristobrat

tbob

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
It is stored in system NVRAM/PRAM and not on the drive. Do a PRAM reset by following this and it will be wiped.
OMG THANK YOU FOR THIS! I thought I was going crazy that it somehow still knew the pwd despite multiple HD wipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.