OS X v10.6 won't update and more problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mdags49, Jan 6, 2010.

1. mdags49 macrumors newbie

I'm really struggling. About a month ago, I noticed my 10.6 will not update. Every time I run the software update....it just says my software is up to date and no new updates available. Then, a couple days ago MobileMe stopped working. None of my calendars or contacts would update. Actually....everything go wiped out. I noticed when trying to sync, it would say canceling. So...I tried syncing with USB to iPhone....still won't sync calendars or contacts. In calendars on the info tab in iTunes....none of them even show up. And, it says there's a conflict syncing notes too.

I did an erase and re-install of 10.6. And then reloaded from backup. All the same problems exist. I don't get it. Any ideas? Am I missing something easy?

I have an Intel MBP if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mike

2. mdags49 thread starter macrumors newbie

iTunes/MobileMe/iPhone

Fixed sync issues.

Now, if only I could update my OS......

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Navigate to Macintosh HD>Library and move the Updates folder to the desktop (you might have to enter in your login password). Restart your computer and try to run Software Update again.

4. mdags49 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. lostinspace2012 macrumors newbie

6. mlcarlto macrumors newbie

Snow Leopard and Mail

Have not had your problem, but have had one email account disabled. Upgraded to OSX 10.6.2 and it worked fine for two days, when one email account (IMAP) "lost" 47 new emails and has not received emails from clients since. Seems to apply to any name in my address book, as I can receive emails from those not in my address book. Any ideas would be appreciated.