OS X won't recognise blank discs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MoodyM, Feb 7, 2011.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I've tried inserting a blank DVD and blank CD, and nothing comes up on my desktop, and if I Cmd click a file and choose "Burn", OS X tells me no disc is inserted.

However if I load up Toast Titanium, I can burn using the same blank discs just fine.

Any idea what's going on?

Cheers

2. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Thanks, but I never did before. Always, when a blank disc was inserted, it showed up on my desktop as "Untitled disc". This is not happening anymore

3. simsaladimbamba

Go to System Preferences > CDs & DVDs >> When you insert a blank CD/DVD and set the appropriate action.

4. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Thanks, but the option there is the same as it's always been for me: "Ignore". But in the past, this hasn't stopped the icon showing on my dekstop, and I've been able to Cmd click a file and burn to disc without creating a burn folder.

5. simsaladimbamba

I haven't burnt a CD or DVD in Finder in some years, therefore I don't know the proper procedure.
    But you can still right click on the file(s)/folder(s) you want to burn and select "BURN". I don't know what the CMD click does though, as it does nothing on my Mac, except de-select the current file or add another file to an already existing selection. Do you mean CTRL click by any chance?

6. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Sorry, I've been meaning right click all along when I say Cmd click