OS X Yosemite: Any Issues For iOS Devs?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by dejo, Oct 17, 2014.

1. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Did any of my fellow developers upgrade to Yosemite, now that it's released? Have you encountered any issues related to iOS development?

2. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

I have had several issues with Xcode 6.0.1 that don't occur in Xcode 5. But none with Yosemite itself. So I just keep Xcode 5 installed and use that whenever I encounter a problem.

3. wermy macrumors regular

No issues so far with Yosemite itself, but as AxoNeuron said I've had the occasional issue with Xcode 6. Hoping 6.1 is a little more stable.

4. qweenapps macrumors member

I didn't noticed any issues regarding IOS development. Everything works smoothly. I keep my git repos on my Time Capsule, I had issues connecting to the drive a few times (never happened with Maverick). I had to restart to solve the problem.

5. mjohnson1212 macrumors member

I upgraded one of my macs and so far no issues specific to Yosemite.

I turned down the translucent affect in accessibility and that helped with Xcode.

My main gripe at the moment is leaks doesn't work on iOS 8+ with Xcode 6+ though this has nothing to do with Yosemite.

6. dantastic macrumors 6502a

dantastic

Thanks for the reduce transparency tip! that one really helped! Was feeling Windows Vista all over.

What bugs me more than anything is the full screen on zoom button. Probably a nice feature on laptops but I've a dual head setup so now whenever you just want to maximize some window one of your displays just goes dark - wft!?!

But no real issues so far.

7. dejo thread starter Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I've since bitten the bullet and also upgraded to Yosemite. I haven't noticed any major issues either. As dantastic has mentioned, the lack of a maximize option will take some getting used to. I liked having the menu bar but I suspect I will discover I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I did. The other issue I found with full-screen mode is switching between the project window and documentation. Can no longer use Cmd-` when full-screening.

8. mjohnson1212 macrumors member

You can option-click on the maximize button to get the old behavior.

9. xStep macrumors 68000

Also try Option + Shift + Click Fullscreen button.

10. dantastic macrumors 6502a

dantastic

Well aware of the option click for the old functionality. The point is, with my setup I will _never_ use full screen mode so I would prefer to have the option to configure the feature.

11. f77coder macrumors newbie

f77coder

i get weird errors trying to compile apple's metal demo codes, they don't compile even with my iPad connected. it can't find its own binary files, include files, doesn't link