Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swagged

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Gotham City, New York
how could they release this half-a$$ project to the public? My notification center is incomplete.....where is my weather, stocks? No where to be found...

qVe9reg.png

When I double-tap with three fingers to define a highlighted word it defines the first word of the sentence instead of the highlighted word
ubC233W.png

And I'm pretty sure that's just the beginning...

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
There isn't anything wrong with Yosemite being half-baked. I think something went wrong in your installation. You may try doing a restore.

My Notification Center works just fine 'out of the box' and so does defining words and such.
Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 5.54.59 AM.png

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It seems to be working for me. As the others stated, it seems more local to your installation then a bug in 10.10

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Just did an erase & install. Everything is working fine. Both three-finger tab to bring up Dictionary and Weather in Notification Center.

But man do I feel stupid. I thought there was a bug in Beta 4 and onward where the weather widget didn't allow me to remove the cities of Antwerp and Brussels. I would delete them, but within no time they'd be back again. After the erase & install I suddenly noticed those exact same cities popped back up again: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Antwerp, Brussels. Then it struck me: I have the exact same collection of cities in my iPhone 5s Weather app. The list is being synced though iCloud across devices. :D

For a second there it really freaked me out. Haha omg. :eek:

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Works just fine here. OP, you are assuming its Yosemite. It's at your end. Try it again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 6.10.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 6.10.37 AM.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 470

Swagged

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Gotham City, New York
Edit: I restarted my pc and the weather and everything's there but trying to define a highlighted word is still F'ed up!!!
zBB0YkL.png

Last edited:

msh

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
SoCal
I redownloaded Yosemite and did an F'in clean install and the same BS is still going on WTF?!!!! What do I need to F'in do to get this Shxt working right? (I'm about to have a drink, ugh!!)

Go to System Preferences---> Extensions--> click Today--> enable the items you want to appear in today

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Edit: I restarted my pc and the weather and everything's there but trying to define a highlighted word is still F'ed up!!! Image

Well I'm glad they didn't delay even one day because of that feature as I never use it.

Try and keep things in a little perspective, EVERY tiny issue isn't mission critical.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Well I'm glad they didn't delay even one day because of that feature as I never use it.

Try and keep things in a little perspective, EVERY tiny issue isn't mission critical.

Exactly. As mentioned by simonsi, it's not a critical issue. If you wanted a definition of a word then for now you'd probably have to Google it.

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
Mine defines the first word no matter where my cursor is...

Something went wrong with your install :\ My result was from a clean install.
I've had stupid stuff like drive icons not showing the new ones on upgraded installs, too.

If you really want this fixed, then a backup, format, and install anew might be able to fix this?

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Edit: I restarted my pc and the weather and everything's there but trying to define a highlighted word is still F'ed up!!! Image

If you right-click on a word in Safari and select Look Up "<wordname>", it'll use that word. The gesture tap might be location-sensitive, so if you're tapping outside of that text area, it may choose the closest word or perhaps the first word.

swifty1989

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2014
Mines dodgy when I start up the MacBook. Sometimes logs me in but never loads the top bar, something's logs me in but then freezes and then other times it works fine. very hit and miss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.