OS X Yosemite Public Beta Download Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mad3inch1na, Jul 24, 2014.

1. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

Hi Everyone,

I have been having an issue downloading the public beta of OSX Yosemite. About 1GB into the download, I get an error saying that I need to try downloading it again. It will not let me use the same access code more than once, so I have already made 3 accounts. I am running 10.9.4 on a 2014 baseline MBA. Any help with the installation error would be useful. Any help that would allow me to find the program without creating another account would also be appreciated.

Best,
    Matt

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Your best bet is to be patient, and try and download later today or tomorrow. More than likely, the servers are having trouble keeping up with the demand.

3. mad3inch1na thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually found out that the file was under the "purchased" tab for the App store, so I managed to install it again from my main account. Just incase anyone is in the same spot as me!

And thanks for the response :).

Matt

4. Aes macrumors newbie

So I've been searching ruthlessly for a solution to this problem, I specifically registered to this forum so I could ask you to please, please elaborate on how you managed to solve this.

I'm afraid your solution is incredibly vague. What do you mean your "main account..?" You tried to initially download the beta from an alternate account?

If you replied I would be overjoyed. Thank you.

5. mad3inch1na thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, so my problem was this: I was able to get the activation code and start downloading the program. I was monitoring the download from Launchpad and it just disappeared after a few minutes. On the App Store, it said that the download had failed and I needed to try to download it again. I tried going back to the Beta website and tried using the Activation Code, which did not work. I began creating more accounts to get different Activation Codes, all of which stopped downloading within a few minutes.

Solution: On the App Store, there is a Purchases tab, which has the OS X Yosemite Beta file in it as long as you used your Activation Code. I had many accounts at this point, all with OS X Yosemite Beta in the Purchases tab. I decided to just use my "original" account, instead of the junk account I had created.

Matt

6. misterjbn macrumors newbie

Okay let me help you as someone on this forum helped me as well.

Problem: Yosemite on MAS's purchase tab is grayed out as "Downloaded" but you can't install it or re-download it. Also, the same problem involve "this code has already been redeemed" when trying to get another beta key.

Solution: Go to your "Applications" folder and find "Installer Yosemite OSX", delete it to trash can, close the MAS, reopen MAS and go to "Purchases" tab and you should be able to re-download it. You DO NOT need to get another beta access redemption key nor make additional accounts.

Problem: During the download process it quickly finishes and opens the installer, but every time you install it says the file is corrupted and try again.

Solution: Connect to another wifi network (I tried this at work and it failed but once I used my home network it downloaded as normal).