Os2 with iOS8

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jumpie, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Ok so I am a complete and utter idiot. I never should've updated to OS2. Can the watch on OS2 sync with an iPhone on iOS 8?

I guess I'm taking new new phone back and keeping my i6.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I'm sorry but I cannot understand your post. What does "I guess I'm taking new new phone back and keeping my i6." mean? To me it sounds like "I'm taking back a phone running iOS 9 so I can keep a phone that could be easily updated to iOS 9." I would need to know more about your situation to be able to offer coherent advice.

3. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

So I got an i6S+ with iOS9 on it and then updated my watch to be able to pair it to my new phone. Now the watch has OS2 on it. But, since I'm taking my i6S+ back, my old i6 still has iOS8 on it. Can I pair the i6 with iOS8 back to the phone?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You can use wOS1.1 with iOS9 (you didn't have to update your :apple:Watch). However you need iOS9 to use wOS2. Why not just update your 6 to iOS9? iOS9 is an excellent and stable update and wOS2 is an even better update.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

You can only update a watch to Watch OS 2 if your iPhone is on iOS 9. As far as I'm aware Watch OS 2 will only work with iOS 9 and your watch will not pair with your old phone on iOS 8.

6. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

7. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

If only this little nugget had been included in your first post. I couldn't figure out why you didn't simply upgrade to iOS9.

This is an example of why I don't JB. Sure I want apps like wifi analyzer and the ability to get around the Apple handcuffs but I don't want to become responsible for my own updates. I'll take the velvet handcuffs so I can get the curated experience that comes with them.

Perhaps there is a way to roll the watch back to WOS1 so it will work with your JB phone?

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think you're pretty much out of luck - OS2 requires iOs9 and you cannot (or do not want too) upgrade since you JB'd your phone.

Pick your poison - upgrade to iOS9 and lose your JB but you can now use your watch, or keep your phone but lose the watch's ability to sync.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Don't think this is possible. On wOS 2 beta you had to carry it to the :apple:Store to have it rollback. I doubt they would still be doing this.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Especially if they find out the reason why you don't want to upgrade is because you have a JB'd phone.