OS3.0 and touchscreen lag

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gray67, Jun 22, 2009.

1. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

I have an iPhone 3.0 and upgraded to the 3.0 OS. Since then I've noticed two things about the screen:

* The touch sensitivity seems WAY down. I have to tap the screen multiple times to get it to register. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

* The screen seems a bit shifted towards the bottom, so that absolute bottom of the screen is losing maybe one or two rows of pixels. Is that possible?

2. alfmil, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  3. gray67 thread starter macrumors member

gray67

I am also noticing that OS3 is playing my playlists in some bizarro order. I have no idea why and it only seems to impact a few lists. I'm wondering if Apple actually fixed the live updating or if it's another bug.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You sure Shuffle's not accidentally on?

5. gray67 thread starter macrumors member

gray67

yea, that's the first thing I checked. and the fact that it only happens on certain playlists.

for example, I have a playlist that contains only new songs I've loaded into iTunes that I haven't listened to yet. As far as I can tell, this is the only playlist that's affected and it seems that the iPhone skips every other song or so. doesn't happen with my audio podcasts playlist, or my trance podcasts playlist. Totally bizarre.

and this touch sensitivity thing is driving me nuts. it makes the iPhone 3G even slower. I think it's part of Apple's plot to force everyone to upgrade to the 3GS.