os3.0b4 install issues (registered developer)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eyefoniac, Apr 28, 2009.

1. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Hey guys,

I am a registered (paid) developer and am having some install issues. I have upgraded fine from beta 1 but for some reason itunes (yes i installed 8.2 beta) decided it doesn't want to restore my phone. It says it is unable to restore it and now my phone is on the "plug into itunes screen" and cannot be restored. I get an error 3001 when trying to restore. I am about to try a restore on a windows to see if it helps any. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

2. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

why restore? just option click update?

3. llj1137075 macrumors member

Hey. I just got the same error.
    Let me know if you find out anything.

Edit.
    Now mine is updating. I think mine might have come unplugged first time.

4. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

I have been restoring to eliminate any sort of problems and to start new each beta release. Any suggestions of how to fix my current problem? I am stuck in DFU mode.

5. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

This is what I did when i was in your position.

Restore to stock 2.2.1, even if it gives you error 1013 (or similiar), it means the firmware is on your phone already, ignore the connect to itunes thing.

Get a PC.

Install Quickpwn.

Do the 15 second, 2 second thing to boot your phone, since you got 2.2.1 on it already. Then close quickpwn

Then activate like you normally do etc etc (you can go back on your mac now) and then update back to 3.0 blah blah.

I noticed the mac quickpwn doesn't have the reboot thing where you can boot normally even if you have an error restoring and your stuck in the dfu/restore mode.

Ok that is all I geuss :) do some googling and poke around to find more, that is what I did.

6. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Mine is still doing it. Do you have any idea of how you got it working?

7. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

question! do you have to restore because the only time i restored was on beta 1. Beta 2 and 3 i just updated. What is the difference because i thought i software rewrote over the previous software destroying the record of the previous software. if you restore you are still updating but you just delete everything else.

8. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

He is stuck in restore mode, he is pretty much screwed already and lots everything so you have to restore to get back to it...bleh.

9. shvartsies macrumors regular

Hi guys, I know this is annoying, but I'd like to enjoy the beta as well, and I was wondering if somebody could please register me. I'd appreciate it a ton.

10. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Anyone with any real suggestions. Sorry to prod, but I really need the functionality of my phone back. I appreciate all the help guys.

11. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Sigh...mine was a real suggestion, or else I wouldn't have done it to get my phone back the way it is right now (perfect to be exact), I was the same way stuck in restore mode like you, same error as well. All I can give you is my suggestions, but if you choose to ignore it I geuss then someone else who would likely say the same thing should come I geuss, I tried.

12. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

No man, yours was fine, I appreciate the help, really. I was referencing the side-tracking such as requests for the beta.

13. thelordnyax macrumors regular

ow, harsh, there definitely was real suggestion about downgrading
    and then perhaps you can try upgrading again...

14. mrXniick macrumors member

i had the same issue, and just restored beta 3. The firmware file may have just been corrupt.

15. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

I am doing a re-install to b3 and it is working. So I guess gotta just figure out what is causing this mess up before b3 expires.

16. thelordnyax macrumors regular

maybe just try downloading it again, it could've been a fluke

17. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Well, a restore to b3 works fine, but an upgrade or restore results in error 3004 (basically getting stuck in DFU). I am on a macbook pro, do you guys figure this is the same type of error those who jailbreak receive when trying to install via DFU on a mac (10.5.6)? Anyone know specifics that made the upgrade work?

18. natho macrumors newbie

if you're having a 3004 error allow port 8080 outgoing on your firewall/router. itunes 8.2beta tries to talk to gs.apple.com:8080 before allowing you to flash.

19. mrXniick macrumors member

Fixed the problem...

I had the x86 version of itunes installed, downloaded the 64 bit version, restored with beta 4 and was good to go

20. lyhte macrumors member

lyhte

For those of you having issues installing the beta 4 using a mac, I might have a solution. I went onto the apple dev forums and read a suggestion that worked for me. I used the Xcode application to install the beta. Worked the first time without a hitch. What you have to do, once in iPhone is connected and recognized in Xcode, is choose the "other source" option (I think that's what it was) and select the IPSW beta 4. I hope this helps as I too was frustrated for several hours, trying all the methods in the forums.

21. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

22. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Hey guys, I tried the install with the xcode b4 and still received the error 3004. It said something about a "personalized install file". I haven't attempted to change or modify this file in any way. I guess I will have to go off campus to try it, I imagine it is the school network blocking it (if it is a network problem).

23. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Connection to the Network

There are issues with the connection due to security of some networks. I was at work and was not able to do it becuase iTunes was not sending back return codes. Seems that are using iTunes for validation before the install.

Try hardwired, no wifi and on your own network.

24. elbirth macrumors 65816

I was just trying to upgrade to beta 4 and my iPhone is now stuck at the connect to iTunes screen..... I'm getting error 1604 in iTunes, and the following error in Xcode:

[​IMG]

I've downgraded back to iTunes 8.1 via the instructions on Apple's site (removing the AppleMobileDevice files and such) and tried putting beta 3 back on, but keep getting the same errors... anyone have any ideas?

I have a legit dev account and such, and the other betas have been fine when installing... I'm considering trying Quickpwn to see if that'll bump it out of DFU mode

25. eyefoniac thread starter macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Hey guys, its working now! It ended up that it was the network that I was on was blocking it somehow. I found another network and restored with xcode. It is in the process of installing right now.