OS4 and .ics calendar files

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tiptopp, Jun 1, 2010.

1. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

I've searched, but can't find any discussion on this recently...

In the past, there has been mention of iPhone being able to deal with .ics calendar files (used by Lotus Notes and Google). So far, it doesn't. Does anyone know whether OS4 looks as though it will be able to open them?

Thanks,

TT

2. tiptopp thread starter macrumors regular

tiptopp

Bump

It'll really p&%s me off if I don't get any responses...

Whatever...

TT

3. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Wow...

I'd hate to see what happens when your mommy doesn't let you have cookies...

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

You're definitely not going to get any now.

5. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

"11. Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent."

This is not allowed per the forum rules so maybe you should not bump.... especially your own post.

6. tiptopp thread starter macrumors regular

tiptopp

Apologies

I'm sorry - didn't mean that to come across in the way that it obviously did (and re-reading it now I can see that I should avoid posting when drinking...!) And I thought twice about posting this, because I don't want to be accused of bumping the thread again. I hadn't read the rules, but I will now...

I'll leave it now - haven't got long to wait anyway - VERY excited about next week - off to ask mummy for cookies...

Cheers,

TT

7. ottawaleaver macrumors newbie

View .ics file in jailbreak iphone

Because Apple doesn't want to solve it without MobileMe subscription, I found a way to view .ics file. Actually .ics file is a text file and you should be able to read the text file to get the meeting information.

1. Jailbreak iPhone.
    2. Install AttachmentSaver and iFile from Cydia. You can google it to find free ones.
    3. When receiving .ics file, just forward the mail and select 'Save all attachments" option.
    4. Open the attachment in iFile using txt viewer.

:):):)

8. adamski3000 macrumors newbie

I've just noticed some sort of ability to create an event now on my iphone when I receive an ics (invite or update from ical) - is this new to iOS4.

It is hidden in a link above the ics icon that appears in the mail. When I click it, it give me the option to create an event.
    Unfortunately the wireless is down in the office so I can't post a screenshot. I'll try later.

I'm running an iphone 3g with iOS4 (soooo slow)

9. tiptopp thread starter macrumors regular

tiptopp

Hmm. I'm also on a 3g with iOS4 but I don't see the link above the attachment. My invitation is from Lotus Notes, though, so there may be a difference there. Be interested to see the screenshot though...

Cheers,

TT

10. adamski3000 macrumors newbie

no wireless in the office still today, but I've noticed that the link is not on my ipad which is running iOS3.2.
    I'll do the screenshots, but it might be a day or two depending on the wi-fi here.

11. adamski3000 macrumors newbie

This is the link that appears in black:[​IMG]
    Then when you click on it:
    [​IMG]

I didn't ever see this working in iOS 3.1 - so wondering if it is new. Probably just something in the link, but I hope a step towards being able to respond to meeting invites from other mobile me users.

12. tiptopp thread starter macrumors regular

tiptopp

I don't think you've authorised anyone to view your me.com gallery - the links to the pictures give an 'unauthorised' message...

TT

13. adamski3000 macrumors newbie

Ahh - do you know how i do that, as its not been a problem in the past