OS4 on iPhone 3G question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bozley0621, May 5, 2010.

1. Bozley0621 macrumors 6502

Has anyone put OS4 oniPhone 3G? I'm wondering if you are able to stream radio in the background. I know you aren't supposd to be able to multi-task, but I'm hoping radio apps work differently. I know other apps are more or less frozen in the background during multi-tasking....I think.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes and the search feature will help you in your quest.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/8A260b Safari/531.21.10)

Only in Safari, the same as you could in 3.0.

And even if you had a 3GS, none of the 3rd party apps work in the background yet anyway.

4. amirite macrumors 6502a

Helpful post.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thank you.

the OP would have been better served searching and finding the answers quicker instead of creating yet another does this OS4 feature work on a 3G thread. :rolleyes:

6. amirite macrumors 6502a

You know what really pisses me off? Searching Google for help on something, and then finding a thread where the only reply is "use search n00b".

7. Bozley0621 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was hoping someone who has installed the beta on a 3G would post.

STOP HERE TO AVOID A MINI-RANT.

I've googled and used the search in the forums and haven't come up with anything. I'm sure it may be buried in a post that is 20 pages long, but I don't have the time to read pages upon pages, nor the inclination.

I normally turn the other cheek to people's less than helpful posts, both to my questions and others'; however, today is different.

If you feel like my post or any other post is a waste of your time, don't read it, yet alone take the time to post comments that make posters regret asking a question.

It takes much less time for you to scroll over any post that you feel is cluttering up the forums, than it does to read and post a belittleing comment.

8. Bozley0621 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you.

9. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

http://***********/?q=douchebag

edit: Ok... l m g t f y . c o m is caught by the morality filter, but douchebag isn't?

10. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Hang in there Bosley, I am sure some nice person will help you out.

11. Bozley0621 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! Fishkorp was pretty helpful. I just had chocolate cake so I'm feeling better. :D

12. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I have beta 2 on my old 3G and no background tasks appear to work, even music. I didn't expect it though since they outlined that at the keynote.

Aside from a few UI bells and whistles, there doesn't appear to me much for 3G users - unless it makes Safari 'snappier'. Then it's totally worth it. ;)

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

no this would class as multitasking which the 3G will not have....unless your on beta 1 jailbroken and enable it that is