OS8 - sharing ipad content via itunes

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Smackreth, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Smackreth macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I'm struggling to get content off my ipad onto my macbook. Before I 'upgraded' to OS8 I used to share to itunes and download through the wired connection. But now the only options offered me are online through internet - Facebook, iCloud, email etc.

I don't want to be stuck having to use the internet, as 1) it's always going to be slower and 2) I might be somewhere with no internet connection.

But at the moment I can't even work out how to use iCloud Drive - I think i'm sharing stuff there, but when I log in to iCloud Drive elsewhere it says it's empty.

This is so frustrating as I just connected it to 'quickly get some stuff off' - and over an hour later I still can't work out how to do it!!

Help!!

Thanks
    Sophie

2. Smackreth thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just had a production web chat with apple support and realise that there was a much easier way of doing it that I never knew before!

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Which is?

4. Smackreth thread starter macrumors newbie

To open iPhoto on the macbook and connect the iPad - then all the pictures and video on the iPad will magically appear and you choose which ones you want!

Much simpler than the iTunes method!