OS9 helper

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Graveyard, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Graveyard macrumors regular

Hello. Do any of you still have a copy of OS9 Helper by any chance? I'm trying to find it on the web but all i get are dead links. I want to use it to install 9.2.2 on my PowerBook 3400c. Or maybe you know any other way to get the 9.2.1 update and 9.2.2 to work on this machine. I currently have 9.1 installed on it. I have some old disks on which i also have OS9 Helper but for some reason i don't remember how i wrote those disks because the resource forks are messed up on most files. Is there a way to get those files working again? Repair the resource forks somehow?

2. micahgartman macrumors member

micahgartman

3. Graveyard thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much! I'll give it a go after i get home from work today.
    I have the 200MHz model. I found it at a local market. Some guy was selling it as a kids computer or some sort of pda... Man, was he dumb... Anyway, i was glad to see it has the 128MB RAM card installed. I replaced the original 2GB hdd with a 60GB one that i had around here. I can't wait to get some oldschool games and apps running on the thing.

4. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

The 3400 is only supported up to Mac OS 9.1.

With Mac OS 9 Helper you can
    Link to File

5. Graveyard thread starter macrumors regular

So, what's your point? I know the 3400 can only go as up as 9.1 and Helper will allow me to update to 9.2.2. I have stated that pretty clear in my first post.

6. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

I don't get his point either. I installed OS 9 helper on my SuperMac S900, and I didn't have any problems. I didn't want to run something that the S900 couldn't in the first place, I just wanted to have all my Mac's on the same OS.

I'm sure you won't have a problem using it.

7. Graveyard thread starter macrumors regular

Well, the first link didn't work, but the second one worked just great. One problem remaining. I need an older sound panel or something to be able to install 9.2.1 on my 3400c. Can someone give me a link to that too so that i can finally get this thing running 9.2.2?