OS9 question (don't shoot me :-)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jumboman01, May 16, 2014.

1. jumboman01 macrumors newbie

On a side note, wondering why there's no forum category for OS9? Feel free to direct me elsewhere if need be.

I've got an ibook G3 Clamshell with an Airport Card. I can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. The airport card shows a signal, but when I use Classilla to access the internet, I get error messages. I've poked around online for hours but can't seem to find a solution. In the airport settings, it shows a signal but when it looks for status, it says it's unavailable.

By the way, I had to use WEP security settings in order to connect. Thanks in advance!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

For the same reason there is no OS X forum for anything less than 10.7. MR has moved on.

Consequently, OS9 (and previous) issues tend to be discussed in the PowerPC forum because OS9 Macs are PowerPC.

What are your network settings in OS9? Are you getting a valid IP address?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

4. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Like an easter egg or something.

May not be the issue.... but is the wifi setup as 802.11b, or at least mixed b/g mode?

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

6. jumboman01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I posted this on the PPC forum as well.

The wifi was set up as b/g but I switched it to b but no change.

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

There is only a category for Lion and above. Even Snow Leopard which is still sold doesn't have a category here. Plus the PPC community is small enough that it is all inclusive.

Did you set your router up with the WEP key? Try using the generated key and it isn't your WEP pass phrase.