OSU Lost!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iDAG, Nov 10, 2007.

1. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

2. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

And Wisconsin mopped up Michigan...!

I was looking forward to the OSU vs. Michigan matchup because it might have mattered, but now...meh.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Nice thread title for those out there who TiVo'ed the game...

4. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

And I'm absolutely thrilled - OSU fans, at least around here, are downright nasty.

5. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

OSU fans everywhere are nasty. ;)

6. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

It still does matter, its a fight for the Big Ten title and the Rose Bowl.

I'm guessing that you are from Michigan or you live here in the great state of Ohio and you are a Michigan fan?

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

College football can be fun to watch, but the ranking systems and parallel conferences/standings are the most Byzantine and unneccesarily complex cluster****s I've ever seen. You need to be a statistician just to keep up...:rolleyes:

8. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

And every year for how long? it's been the same, controversial and inexact problem with the ranking system and bowls. That's why it's more fun to see all the #1's bite the dust in the regular season, and watch all the statisticians sweat it out. Go Oregon.

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I just love it when the under dog wins.
    Unless it the underdog is playing Texas Tech and then I want watch Tech do what they do best, put a lot of a points on the board, but hey I am a red raider after all.

10. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Mmm, no. Indiana, Notre Dame fan.

Mildly close, though.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

ASU won as well. You shouldn't go online before you watch the games you TIVO. You will undoubtedly find that your good time is spoiled.

12. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Big Ten Conference teams will always have trouble winning the national title because they spend the whole season beating up on each other. I really get the feeling that people underrate the Big Ten because there is rarely a dominate team like Ohio State has been.

On a side note, as a Purdue and Penn State grad, I am rather enjoying Notre Dame's season...;)

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Tru dat

I had the same feeling.

14. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

How come no one has mentioned how well Illinois played, especially in the 4th quarter?

Pivo6 is a 1987 graduate of the U of I ;)

15. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

Roughly holding the ball for 14 minutes in the 4th quarter was simply incredible. OSU's D couldn't do anything to stop the zone read.

16. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I love CFB! Especially when my Missouri Tigers are in the top 5! I love the fact that a team MU beat this year was the one to knock off OSU!!!! Go Tigers!!!!

Side note- College football needs a playoff for the following reason: It is the ONLY sport where you MUST remain PERFERCT (for the most part) to have a chance for the national championship. It isn't the best team who remains perfect most of the time- depends on who they play. Look at the KU Chickenhawks! They have played no one ranked in the top 25!!! Theywill in two weeks when the play MU though! :) Think of the pressure on these kids to be perfection and accept no other. We don't expect our NFL teams to be perfect- (heck, look at Payton and especially Adam Vineteri last night- mr. perfect himself) We don't expect perfection of MLB, NBA, NHL, etc. so why of college football? Either go back to the poll ranking and that is who is #1 or else make a four team playoff.

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I bet the coaches at Michigan have watched that tape 100 times by now. I wonder what OSU is doing to correct it.

18. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

That was an awesome game!

Personally, I'm liking that BC lost to MD. Oh darn. Clemson tigers FTW! (of ACC anyways..? :eek:) :D

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm really glad that they lost. who have they played that's any good?