Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ada01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2014
I am looking for a printer that is compatible the latest OSX release. I see a few that only have a listed compatibility of 10.7 with no indication of whether or not they work beyond that.

Wireless networking would be a requirement due to some cable limitations at location. I like this one http://store.apple.com/us/product/HB998LL/A/hp-laserjet-pro-400-mfp-m425dn-multifunction-printer?fnode=5c

If anyone has had some network printer success on the latest release of OSx please advise as to what.

1. would need to be wireless or usb compatible (Ethernet may be possible)
2. color laser is required
3. multifunction not a necessity

Thanks

Adam

Ada01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2014
This is what I am finding with a lot of things in the new OS. Having trouble with some fonts and other peripherals.

Trip to the Genius Bar maybe?

kschendel

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2014
We have a Canon MFC8280 multifunction color laser that apparently works fine with Yosemite. (I say apparently because 99% of its usage comes from a couple machines that are still on Mavericks, but it's printed a few pages from the 10.10 box.) It's connected wirelessly.

So you should be OK with a Canon color laser of the same general vintage.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
This is what I am finding with a lot of things in the new OS. Having trouble with some fonts and other peripherals.

Trip to the Genius Bar maybe?
You are having issues with fonts, then you should check your problematic fonts in Font Book. If you are having issues with peripherals, then you should check the manufacturer's website to ensure that your drivers are up-to-date. If your issues persist, then return to this forum with specific information about your specific fonts and the specific models of your problematic peripherals.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
OS requirements are usually minimum requirements. If it works on 10.7, I can't see a reason it wouldn't also work on 10.10.

There's no guarantee that printer drivers are forward compatible. It's not always a safe assumption to make. This is especially true with multifunction printers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.