OSX 10.10 Compatible Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ada01, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Ada01 macrumors newbie

I am looking for a printer that is compatible the latest OSX release. I see a few that only have a listed compatibility of 10.7 with no indication of whether or not they work beyond that.

Wireless networking would be a requirement due to some cable limitations at location. I like this one http://store.apple.com/us/product/HB998LL/A/hp-laserjet-pro-400-mfp-m425dn-multifunction-printer?fnode=5c

If anyone has had some network printer success on the latest release of OSx please advise as to what.

1. would need to be wireless or usb compatible (Ethernet may be possible)
    2. color laser is required
    3. multifunction not a necessity

Thanks

Adam

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

OS requirements are usually minimum requirements. If it works on 10.7, I can't see a reason it wouldn't also work on 10.10.

3. mag2001 macrumors 6502

I have a brother mono laser wireless printer and had trouble setting it up wirelessly because of 10.10.

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Fair enough. How so?

5. Ada01 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what I am finding with a lot of things in the new OS. Having trouble with some fonts and other peripherals.

Trip to the Genius Bar maybe?

6. kschendel macrumors 6502a

We have a Canon MFC8280 multifunction color laser that apparently works fine with Yosemite. (I say apparently because 99% of its usage comes from a couple machines that are still on Mavericks, but it's printed a few pages from the 10.10 box.) It's connected wirelessly.

So you should be OK with a Canon color laser of the same general vintage.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are having issues with fonts, then you should check your problematic fonts in Font Book. If you are having issues with peripherals, then you should check the manufacturer's website to ensure that your drivers are up-to-date. If your issues persist, then return to this forum with specific information about your specific fonts and the specific models of your problematic peripherals.

8. chrfr macrumors 603

There's no guarantee that printer drivers are forward compatible. It's not always a safe assumption to make. This is especially true with multifunction printers.