OSX 10.10 - jumps back to sign in screen....

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Ok...so I downloaded the DP1 version of OSX 10.10 and it worked fine...I downloaded DP2 today and things have gone a bit...tricky!

When I sign in, previous applications load but 10-15 seconds in, I get booted back to the account sign in page. (User and guest user).

I've forced closed all applications that are running, but to no avail.

I've tried cmd+r to reinstall a new copy of the OS but this doesn't get passed the "Loading Installation information" section when verifying eligibility with Apple.

I'm a paid iOS developer (very new...little experience!) and got DP1 through the dev centre.

Has anyone got any advice? Stupidly I have no partition and no backup....(I know, I know I'm an idiot!).

Not looking for people to tell me I shouldn't be doing this as I don't know what I'm doing...so if that's what you have to say I'd rather you don't. I am looking for a bit of a suggestion though!

Help....please?!

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Ok...so I downloaded the DP1 version of OSX 10.10 and it worked fine...I downloaded DP2 today and things have gone a bit...tricky!

When I sign in, previous applications load but 10-15 seconds in, I get booted back to the account sign in page. (User and guest user).

I've forced closed all applications that are running, but to no avail.

I've tried cmd+r to reinstall a new copy of the OS but this doesn't get passed the "Loading Installation information" section when verifying eligibility with Apple.

I'm a paid iOS developer (very new...little experience!) and got DP1 through the dev centre.

Has anyone got any advice? Stupidly I have no partition and no backup....(I know, I know I'm an idiot!).

Not looking for people to tell me I shouldn't be doing this as I don't know what I'm doing...so if that's what you have to say I'd rather you don't. I am looking for a bit of a suggestion though!

Help....please?!
I would try to boot into internet recovery, if you have a somewhat recent mac it should work. It will reinstall what ever system your mac shipped with then upgrade again from there.

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I would try to boot into internet recovery, if you have a somewhat recent mac it should work. It will reinstall what ever system your mac shipped with then upgrade again from there.
Amazing thanks! So far so good...Mountain Lion installation has started however it is asking me to select the disk I want to install to...with no way of selecting anything? Hard to explain but it's just a blank box...

I've tried disk repair but have errors:
disk0s2 has CoreStorage features not supported by this fsck_cs version

When clicking repair disk, I get "this disk needs to be repaired" !!!

I'm guessing Ill need to erase and reinstall but I'd rather not if I can help it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.